Monday, March 9, 2009

Sunday Service March 8, 2009

At 9 AM as people are coming in, we have time for thanksgiving. We usually encourage people to tell the congregation of answered prayers and victories. But this morning is different. I asked them to tell us their failed expectations, and seemingly unanswered prayers. I thought it would be uncomfortable for them to do it. But I was surprised how they could readily speak of their frustrations yet thank God for allowing them to happen. Some of them took it as an opportunity to release the pain kept inside for a longer time, and turned it into a learning experience. It was not emotional. The smile was surprising though. I was not necessarily that that they thanked God for the pain, but they were grateful for the change it brought about in their lives.

As a young pastor, I have also my frustrations and failed expectations. I am not the poster boy for 1 Thessalonians 5:17, but I thank God that this morning of the Lord's day, our members taught me to thank Him for everything.

No comments: